IDPROTECT® Identity Theft Protection
Identity theft complaints were the second most reported complaint received by the Federal Trade Commission, according to its 2016 annual report of complaints. This represents a 47 percent increase from 2014. Most people think it’s financial or credit fraud and only happens to those who use the internet, but there are many different ways a criminal can steal your identity.
- Phone and utilities fraud
- Bank fraud
- Employment fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Child and medical identity theft
Identity Theft can strike anyone and it can be a very time consuming process in contacting the appropriate institutions and agencies to report the fraud. This is why we felt it was necessary to offer IDProtect®, an Identity Theft Protection service, for our valued members.
If you are currently enrolled in a Secure Checking Account and have become aware of a stolen identity event, contact 1-888-716-5437 Immediately.
Advantage’s Secure Checking
Checking plus valuable benefits to keep you safe!
- No Minimum Balance required
- Unlimited check writing
- Debit Card with unlimited transactions
- Overdraft protection
- Online Banking
- Visa Credit Card
- Cellular Telephone Protection
Help better protect yourself, your family and your joint account owners with our identity theft monitoring and resolution service1 that includes credit file monitoring2, 3-in-1 credit report, monitoring of over 1,000 public databases, identity theft expense reimbursement3, fully managed resolution services, and more.
$5.95 per month covers Account owner/s & Family1
- Credit File Monitoring2 – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (Registration/activation required.)
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request a new 3-in-1 report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert (Registration/activation required.)
- Credit Score – receive a new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (Registration/activation required) Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on Equifax data. Third parties may use a different VantageScore or a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness.
- Total Identity Monitoring – monitoring of over 1,000 databases. (Registration/activation required.)
- Up to $10,000 Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage3 for expenses associated with restoring your identity.
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case until your identity is restored.
- Debit and Credit Card Registration (Registration/activation required.)
- Online Identity Theft News Center and Valuable Phone and Web Resources (Registration/activation required.)
Cellular Telephone Protection3 - Receive up to $300 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged, in the U.S. and aboard. Maximum of two claims per year. Covers the first three phones on a cellular telephone bill paid through your checking account. (Cellular telephone bill must be paid using eligible account)
If you would like help registering, please let us know or call 1-866-210-0361.
1 IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owner(s), their joint account owners and their eligible family members. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other ﬁduciary accounts, the service covers the beneﬁciary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
2 Credit ﬁle monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin following activation.
3 Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certiﬁcate of insurance. Refer to Insurance Documents for complete details of coverage. Insurance products are not insured by NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union afﬁliate.
PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY1!